Below find sample recommendations for an elementary student presenting with specific learning disorders in reading, writing, listening, math, and visual tracking difficulty.
SCHOOL INTERVENTION RECOMMENDATIONS:
(1) Fast ForWord for Auditory Processing Disorder and Dyslexia
(2) Occupational Therapy for penmanship
(3) Writing: special pencil grips, raised-line graph paper for math and raised-line, redi-space paper for all writing assignments.
(4) Multisensory letter & number instruction for spacing, layout, direction, orientation
(5) Dyscalculia: hands-on math instruction, e-manipulatives, iPAD apps
(6) Use digital texts & e-demos, e-exercises, e-practice, e-tests: minimize paperwork
(7) Use text-to-speech apps to read large sections of print
(8) Use speech-to-text apps where lengthy written response is required
(9) Use child e-story book creation apps
(1) Handwriting: iPAD / Tablet penmanship instruction and practice
(2) Tablet Math Instruction & Practice: iPAD Math Apps; Android Math Apps
(3) Dyscalculia Intervention:
(a) Subitizing Vision Therapy (Numeration)
(b) The Number Race & The Number Catcher (Numeration & Basic Operations)
(c) Number Sense (Dyscalculia - Dr. Brian Butterworth)
(d) Maths Explained: Short video animations of key math concepts. by expert Dr. Chinn
(e) SHAPE MATH: Learn to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and do fractions with geo shapes.
(f) ST-MATH: Learn Math without Words, using shapes. (Spatial-Temporal Math Program).
(g) National Library of Virtual Math Manipulatives
(h) Reflex Math (Math Fact Automaticity)
(i) Learning Upgrade / Math Upgrade (Multisensory, sequenced, online math, gr. 1-8)
(j) After Math Upgrade, introduce DreamBox.com
(k) Learn math with MONEY! (count, +,-, *, /, %, decimals, fractions, place value)
(l) Algebra and online Math: ALEKS.COM
(4) Vision Therapy developed by Dr. Sidney Groffman
(5) Daily-5: (1) finger paint; (2) base 10 blocks; (3) money; (4) blind bag; (5) tangrams