Help us study dyscalculia / math disabilities at Northwestern University’s Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Lab in Evanston/Chicago, Illinois.
WHAT WE DO: We study the brains of children to see how they change as they learn. We use fMRI (functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) to measure brain activity. This is a safe and widely used tool and is often used in clinical practice.
WHO IS INVITED: (1) Children ages 8-13 years old.
(2) Typically developing children and
(3) Children with dyscalculia (math disability).
WHAT TO EXPECT: Participants will be asked to participate in:
(1) Standardized academic testing;
(2) MRI practice sessions to become familiar with the MRI procedure; and
(3) Real MRI Sessions.
(4) Participants who enroll in this study will be paid.
This is a great opportunity for children and parents to participate in a research study for the improvement of diagnoses and treatment of children with Learning Disabilities.
If you are interested, please call the Project Coordinator at (847) 467-6842 or