Math Language Therapy
Patterns to 10
Goal: The goal of math therapy, is to turn a victim of dyscalculia, into a powerful master of the language of mathematics, fluid in problem-solving, and the efficient decoding, translation, processing, and encoding of quantitative information.
Dyscalculia.org offers training for teachers, administrators, parents, and individuals. (Live or Live Online)
Summer Program - Guaranteed learning outcomes. 30 online personal sessions @ 50% discount.
Homeschool Advising Program: $100 per month
With each session, students demonstrate mastery of new understanding and skills.
- Instant gratification provides motivation and momentum.
- Students quickly experience success, which is a foundation for deep understanding and rapid learning.
- There is no emphasis on memorization.
- Students experience in order to understand and remember.
- Students quickly gain confidence in their ability to interpret and process quantitative information.
- Parents are trained with their student, if possible.
- Students are required to practice new skills by producing documentary demonstrations of understanding, which become learning assets, stored in a student's e-portfolio.
- Online Learning Portal
- 10 digits, conical patterns - combining visual patterns to add, subtract, multiply, & divide mentally
- Decimal System - pattern of trading 10s
- 10 digits, decimal place value repeating patterns (1, 10, 100)
- Decimal encoding and decoding: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversions, equivalencies
- Fractions: easy patterns, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, equivalencies, mental reasoning
- Place Value with Money: 100-septillion to 100-septillionth
- Language-enhanced place value chart: 100-septillionth (yotta) to 100-septillionth (yocto)
- Language-enhanced teaching money: 100-septillion to 100-septillionth
- Interpreting quantity in various forms: numbers, words (spoken and written), implied, visual.
- Assessing quantitative information: decoding, facts, extraneous, interpretation, processing, encoding.
- Performing unit conversions using language and place value, without formulas or arithmetic.
- Interpreting and encoding numbers: 100-septillion to 100-septillionth
- Scientific Notation - exponents
- Using expanded notation for problem-solving
- Experience to learn, teach to remember.
If interested in remedial training, call or text 1+ (313) 300-1901 or email.