Math Language Therapy
Patterns to 10
Goal: The goal of math therapy, is to turn a victim of dyscalculia, into a powerful master of the language of mathematics, fluid in problem-solving, and the efficient decoding, translation, processing, and encoding of quantitative information.
Dyscalculia.org offers training for teachers, administrators, parents, and individuals.
(Live or Live Online)
~ Pandemic relief for students needing effective math instruction at home + unlimited training for schools, parents, and staff.
Guaranteed learning outcomes. 6-session minimum
Homeschool Advising Program (monthly fee)
How it Works
With each session, students demonstrate mastery of new understanding and skills.
- Instant gratification provides motivation and momentum.
- Students quickly experience success, which is a foundation for deep understanding and rapid learning.
- There is no emphasis on memorization.
- Students experience in order to understand and remember.
- Students quickly gain confidence in their ability to interpret and process quantitative information.
- Parents are trained with their student, if possible.
- Students are required to practice new skills by producing documentary demonstrations of understanding, which become learning assets, stored in a student's e-portfolio.
- Learning Portal
- 10 digits, instantly recognizable patterns - combining visual patterns to add, subtract, multiply, & divide mentally
- Decimal System - pattern of trading 10s
- 10 digits, decimal place value repeating patterns (1, 10, 100)
- Decimal encoding and decoding: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversions, equivalency
- Fractions: patterns, units, relationships, decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversion and equivalencies, language fluency, mental reasoning, problem-solving with coins and money
- Place Value with Money: 1 quadrllion to 1/1000 (one-thousandth)
- Realistic Money Set: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500, $1,000, $10,000, $100,000, $500,000. [10 of each bill for $30 - free shipping]
- Language-enhanced place value chart by Dyscalculia.org
Experience and understand numbers from
100-septillion (yotta) to 100-septillionth (yocto)
Color-coded, with words, prefixes, International Symbol (SI), SI prefix, powers of 10, prime factorization, conversions and equivalencies, and relationships.
- Language-enhanced teaching money: 1-quadrillion to 1/1000 (one-thousandth)
- Interpreting quantity in various forms: numbers, words (spoken and written), implied, visual.
- Assessing quantitative information: decoding, facts, extraneous, interpretation, processing, encoding.
- Performing unit conversions using language and place value, without formulas or arithmetic.
- Interpreting and encoding numbers: 100-septillion to 100-septillionth
- Scientific Notation - exponents
- Using expanded notation for problem-solving
- Experience to learn, teach to remember.
If interested in remedial training, call or text 1+ (313) 300-1901 or email.
- Dyscalculia.org's Math Language Place Value Chart $35
- desk chart
- wall chart
- classroom banner
2. Realistic Money $30
3. Play Money $35
- 1/1000 to 1P
7. Color markers, color gel pens, or color chalk markers, Vis-a-Vis markers
8. Glass blackboard (magnetic), chalk board.
9. Graph Paper
Graph paper-raised line - Ream
Blue Raised-line graph paper