- Notice how commas separate each set of three bills.
- In each set of three bills, the pattern from right to left is ONES, TENS, HUNDREDS.
Order a set of the multicolored teaching bills depicted above. $15.
- (10 of each denomination x 19 bills = 190 bills) for $15.00 (includes shipping but not 6% MI sales tax).
- Also includes bills for dime (tenth), penny (hundredth), and mill (thousandth). Clips are not included.
- You can download a black and white set of these play money bills covering 1/1000 to 1 Quadrillion from the list of files attached to the bottom of this page. The file is named. 1toQuadrillion16bills.pdf (Size: 6128k).
HALF, 1/2, 50% of something
- Halves: $ bill denominations representing 1/2 of $1. to 1/2 a Quadrillion.
PLACE VALUE with MONEY VIDEO LESSONS
- These silent lessons allow the teacher to talk while showing the video & allow students to count aloud while using the video graphics. Student can use the videos to TEACH the concepts- the BEST way to OWN or remember the information long-term.
- #24 How to Understand Place Value using Money
GATHER 10 and TRADE THEM IN
TRADING: YOU need TEN (10) of any of any bill, to trade for the next larger in value.
TRADE 10 PENNIES for 1 DIME.
TRADE 10 DIMES for 1 DOLLAR.
TRADE 10 DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TEN-DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TEN-DOLLAR BILLS for 1 HUNDRED-DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 HUNDRED-DOLLAR BILLS for 1 THOUSAND DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 THOUSAND DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TEN-THOUSAND DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TEN-THOUSAND DOLLAR BILLS for 1 HUNDRED-THOUSAND DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 HUNDRED-THOUSAND DOLLAR BILLS for 1 MILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 MILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TEN-MILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TEN-MILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 HUNDRED-MILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 HUNDRED-MILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 BILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 BILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TEN-BILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TEN-BILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 HUNDRED-BILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 HUNDRED-BILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TRILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TRILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 TEN-TRILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 TEN-TRILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 HUNDRED-TRILLION DOLLAR BILL.
TRADE 10 HUNDRED-TRILLION DOLLAR BILLS for 1 QUADRILLION DOLLAR BILL.
NOTE ABOUT REALISTIC TEACHING MONEY
Life-like bills are highly recommend because learning disabled students have great difficulty generalizing or applying practice to real-life situations. Learning the basic concepts using real coins and life-like bills, will assure that understanding is transferred to real problem solving.
Play money and plastic coins and counters are of limited value to dyscalculic students. Obviously, the life-like bills used here are solely intended to illustrate place value in the base-10 system.
Use your money to demonstrate numbers in the news!
Federal rules concerning reproductions of actual US currency
- In general, photocopies of currency must be sized < 75% or > 1.5 times the original.
- Must be one-sided.
- Money rules: http://www.moneyfactory.gov/resources/lawsandregulations.html
- US Bills in General Circulation Today: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100.
- Denominations last printed in 1945: $500; $1,000; $5,000; $10,000; $100,000.
- Circulation of these larger denominations was discontinued in 1969, for lack of use.
- The US Treasury never issued bills larger than $100,000.
FILES IN THE MONEY FOLDER BELOW
- Money_Teaches_Place_Value2.pdf - Realistic Teaching Money bills: $1, $10, $100, $1000, $10000, $100000, $1M, $10M, $100M, $1B, $10B, $100B, $1T, $10T, $100T, $1 quadrillion.