Below find sample recommendations for an elementary student presenting with specific learning disorders in reading, writing, listening, math, and visual tracking difficulty.
SCHOOL INTERVENTION RECOMMENDATIONS:
(2) Occupational Therapy for penmanship
(4) Multisensory letter & number instruction for spacing, layout, direction, orientation
(5) Dyscalculia: hands-on math instruction, e-manipulatives, iPAD apps
(6) Use digital texts & e-demos, e-exercises, e-practice, e-tests: minimize paperwork
(7) Use text-to-speech apps to read large sections of print
(8) Use speech-to-text apps where lengthy written response is required
(9) Use child e-story book creation apps
(3) Dyscalculia Intervention:
(a) Subitizing Vision Therapy (Numeration)
(c) Number Sense (Dyscalculia - Dr. Brian Butterworth)
(d) Maths Explained: Short video animations of key math concepts. by expert Dr. Chinn
(e) SHAPE MATH: Learn to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and do fractions with geo shapes.
(f) ST-MATH: Learn Math without Words, using shapes. (Spatial-Temporal Math Program).
(h) Reflex Math (Math Fact Automaticity)
(j) After Math Upgrade, introduce DreamBox.com