College & LDs
COLLEGE DISABILITY DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability (Nov. 3, 2010) download doc
Disability Documentation, the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, and the IDEA Summary of Performance: How are they linked? + Exploring Barriers to College Student Use of Disability Services and Accommodations
- by Stan F. Shaw, Walter R. Keenan , Joseph W. Madaus , Manju Banerjee at University of Connecticut.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (2008) details postsecondary disability documentation requirements.
- The Summary of Performance (SOP) requirement of IDEA 2004 affords a range of data for the review of functional performance and determination of reasonable accommodations.
- HIGH SCHOOL vs. COLLEGE: LD CLARIFICATION from US Dept. of Education
- ! HOW to File a Complaint with the Office of Civil Rights (2013)
How some universities support LD students
- (CA) CALIFORNIA: University of California-Berkley
- (FL) Univ. of Florida gets $846,000 NSF grant to support LD students in STEM fields (2013, July)
- (MA) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- (MI) MICHIGAN: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor > Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities, Services for SD
- (NJ) NEW JERSEY: Fairleigh Dickinson University-Teaneck & Madison
- (NY) NEW YORK: Mount Saint Vincent University-Riverdale > Video on Dyscalculia for faculty
- (UT) UTAH: Utah Valley University-Orem
- (VT) VERMONT: Landmark College > structured for students with learning disabilities & autism
- (WA) WASHINGTON: University of Washington-Seattle
- (WI) WISCONSIN: University of Wisconsin-Madison
COLLEGE DISABILITY RESOURCES
INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE & DISABILITY LAW and PRACTICE
Disabity Rights, Education, and Defense Fund (DREDF) International Disability Rights Review