ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR LEARNING DISABILITIESiPad The greatest tech tool for learning math for those with math learning disability is the iPad. No other tablet offers as many learning apps. You will find limited math apps for Android. One drawback of the Apple is the lack of Java support for apps and websites using Java and Flash; however, there are workarounds for these limitations.
Microsoft's Learning Tools In October 2017, Microsoft will enable its Learning Tools capabilities in Word for iPad. Read Aloud reads text aloud while highlighting words. Mobile View can be used to change the background color, line length, and character spacing. Open Up Resources, a nonprofit focused on Open Educational Resources (OER) coursework. The program, launched Oct. 3, supplies teachers with a free mathematics curriculum developed by Illustrative Mathematics that can be managed in OneNote.
TECH LENDING LIBRARIES You will find assistive technology services in every state. Many states have lending libraries of equipment and software for those with a full spectrum of disabilities (including learning disabilities). For example, below is a list of AT for LD students from Mich. AT Lending Library.
Recommendations for DYSLEXIA & MATH LD on LOAN from the Michigan Assistive Technology Lending Library:
(1) Dragon Naturally Speaking: Voice to Text software
(2) Quicktionary Reading Pen: scans, reads, & defines 400,000 words
(4) StudyWiz Reading Improvement
(5) Phonics Software by Don Johnson
(6) Solo Literacy Suite: Reading, Writing, Planning, Organizing, Revising, Editing
(7) Reading for Meaning by Tom Schneider
(8) Neighborhood Map Machine: Create, Explore, Print Maps (Geography)
(10) Auditory Processing: Basic Letter Skills for Reading
(11) Auditory Processing:: Earobics Step 1 (Auditory Processing & Reading) [Earobics is not recommended- due to pronunciation.]
(13) EdMark Reading Level 2 (Whole Word)
(14) Classmate Reader: Portable Audiobook Reader
(15) Aspire E-reader: Reads websites, audiobooks, takes notes, converts Daisy reader files
(16) Auditory Processing:: Earobics Home Step 1
(18) MATH: Remedial Software: The Number Race
(18) MATH Talk Scientific Notebook 5.5 Converts speech into math and solves
(19) Math Kit (Hands-on and CD tools)
(20) Fast Math: Basic Math Facts: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide
(21) Math Edit (Creates Math on E-paper)
(23) MathPad for PC/MAC
TextHelp - advanced Text-to-Speeh tool that works with