- #1 Ten-Digit Drag
- Your HEAD is the DECIMAL POINT. It separates WHOLES . PARTS.
- Ten Digits - DECImal SYSTEM - BASE-10 - Direction and Order of Numbers
- Separate the bills and lay them out, ordered like the chart.
- Label 3 x 5 Index Tab Dividers and store your money by denomination in a 3 x 5 card file box.
- ONES: Count ten ones into patterns of 5. Write 1, 2, 3....on the chart.
- UNI- (one): Make Flashcards for the 17 UNI-words.
- UNI- WORDS: Quiz 4 people on the meaning and spelling.
- File your UNI- words in your file box.
- UNI TEST: Make a math test using 5 of the UNI words. For example: My cousin applied to the top 5 UNIVERSITIES for astrophysics in the country. Draw a picture to illustrate the story: _____
- Give your UNI TEST to your parents and your siblings. How did they do?
- Fold your UNI TEST into quarters and file it under the UNI- TAB in your file box.
- TEN: Trade 10 ones for a $10.
- Count 10 $10s into patterns of 5. 10 x 10 =100. 5(10) + 5(10) = 50 + 50 = 100.
- DECA- TEN: Learn DECA- 10 Words.
- DECA WORDS: Make 17 DECA- 10 Flascards.
- DECA WORDS: Quiz 4 people on meaning and spelling.
- File your 17 DECA- 10 Words in your card box.
- DECA TEST: Make a math test using 5 DECA words. For example: We captured 4 decapods (crabs) on the beach and brought them home for dinner. Draw a picture to illustrate the story: _____
- Give your DECA TEST to your parents and your siblings. How did they do?
- Fold your DECA TEST into quarters and file it under the DECA- TAB in your file box.
- HUNDRED: Trade 10 $10 for $100.
- CENT means 100.
- CENT WORDS: Make illustrated flascards for 11 CENT words.
- CENT WORDS: Quiz 4 people on meaning and spelling.
- File your CENT = 100 words in the box.
- CENT TEST: Make a math test using 5 CENT words. For example: It has been two centuries since a storm dumped 100 inches of snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in just one day!
- Give your CENT TEST to your parents and your siblings. How did they do?
- Fold your CENT TEST into quarters and file it under the CENT- TAB in your file box.
- THOUSAND: Count 10 $100 bills into patterns of 5. 100 x 10 = ten hundred = one thousand = $1,000.
- MILL- means 1,000.
- MILL WORDS: Read, spell, and illustrate MILL WORDS. Make flashcards for these Mill- words that mean 1,000.
- MILL WORDS: Quiz 4 people on mill- words.
- File the mill flashcards under 1,000 in your index card box.
- MILL TEST: Make a math test using 4 of the MILL words. For example: Players of The Sims VR game logged a decamillenium of hours! Draw a picture to illustrate the story: _____
- Give your MILL TEST to your parents and your siblings. How did they do?
- Fold your MILL TEST into quarters and file it under the MILL- TAB in your file box.
- BIBLICAL FRAGMENTS AND ANCIENT BASKET FOUND IN ISRAEL CAVE
A. Identify the number prefixes in the words.B. A __________________________ child skeleton was found. C. It is ____________ years-old.D. Dozen means 12. They unearthed two dozen Dead Sea Scroll fragments. How many pieces of scrolls did they find? _____x_____= ________E. How old is the basket? ___________________________ (include the unit).F. What is another way (a word) to describe the basket's age (see #33 above)? ________________________G. This is the first discovery of scrolls in more than half a century. A half-century is ________ years? Write the equation for CENTURY _______ - ____% = _________ or _______ years (a century) ÷ 2 (halves) = ______ years (1 half-century) = _____ ÷ 2 = ______. H. They last discoverd scrolls in the Judean Desert 60 years ago. How many decades since scrolls were discovered? 60 ÷ ____ = ____. __________ decades. I. When did Jews hide from Roman Emperor Hadrian in a canyon south of Jerusalem? ________ ________________ = ___________ years. J. The scrolls date to the ______________ _______________ AD. K. What does AD mean? ______________ ____________. What is a cenury? ___________________________________ M. What years are in the first century AD? _________________ N. What years are in the second century AD? ______________ O. Jews revolted against the Romans between AD 132 and AD 136. What century AD is this? ______________ Why? __________
COUNT BY 2
- TWO: 2
- 2 x 10 = 20
- Add 2 ten times by counting $2 bills into patters of 5.
- Multiply by 2: 2 x 1 = 2; 2 x 2 = 4; 2 x 3 = 6; .....2 x 10 = 20.
- Divide by 2 by following these *Images x 2.
- Bi- means 2
- BI WORDS: Read these BI- WORDS.
- Bi- WORDS: Make illustrated flashcards of these BI- words that mean 2.
- BI WORDS: Quiz 4 people on meaning and spelling.
- BI TEST: Make a math test using 5 of the bi words. Example: Volunteers rode three bicycles to the repair shop. The shopkeeper will put new tubes in all of the tires. Draw a picture to illustrate the story: _____
- Give your BI TEST to your parents and your siblings. How did they do?
- Fold your BI TEST into quarters and file it under the BI- TAB in your file box.
- Read these articles, answer the questions, and express the numbers many ways:
- The petrified tree in Virginia's Prince William Park is ____ years old.
- The Earth is _________ years old.
- The Cretaceous Period lasted for ______ years and ended ______ years ago.
- A catastrophe at the end of the Cretaceous Period wiped out _____% of life on Earth.
- The petrified tree was _____ years old when it died. It was ________ decades old.
- The State of Virginia is _____ years old, which is _______ centuries old. The Commonwealth of Virginia is ____ decades old.
- In 2019, mining and well operations in Virginia produced _____ tons of coal, _____ cubic feet of natural gas, and _____ barrels of oil. This energy had an estimated market value of $_______.
FRACT means break!
FRACT WORDS: Quiz 4 people on meaning & spelling.
Count 10 dimes into patterns of 5.
Touch each dime as you count saying:
"Ten cents" 10c, 20c, 30c, 40c, 50c...100c.
One-tenth: Count dimes touching and saying: "one-tenth" 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10,...10/10.
Decimal, 0.10: Count dimes touching and saying: "point 1" .1, .2, .3, .4, .5, ... .9, 1.0.
CENTS: But each penny is a cent because cent means 100 and you need 100 pennies to = $1. So each penny is a hundredth of a dollar. 1/100 = 1c = 1 cent = 1 penny.
Count 10 pennies into sets of 5.
Touch and say as you count: "1 cent, 2 cents, ...10 cents."
One-hundredth: Touch and say the fraction form of a penny as you count: "one-hundredth, two-hundredths, three-hundredths, 4/100, 5/100...10/100."
Decimal, 0.01: Touch and say as you count: "point zero one, point zero two, .03, .05... .09, .10."
Percent: Percent means for each (per) 100 (cent), for each 100. Each penny is 1 cent or 1 PER CENT of one dollar.
Count percents: Touch the pennies and say as you count, "one percent, two percent, three percent, 4%, 5%, 6%....10%.