Efficient learning hinges on essential skills. Use these apps and tools daily to develop key skills.
(1) Visual-Spatial Awareness, Perception, Reasoning, & Orientation
(2) Sequencing, Positioning, Pattern Recognition
- Visual Perception & Sound Discrimination Bundle
- Montessori Bundle: Counting, Number Sequencing, Skip Counting, Roman Numerals, 100s Chart+
- Number Sequencing & Skip Counting app
- Chalk School apps: Alphabetical Order, Skip Counting, & Shapes
- Number Sequencing game (iPad): customizable patterns, small to large numbers
- Dice Apps: Number Dasher (put in order); Dice Math; Dice Fractions; Match Sums
- Dominoes: Dot Pattern Recognition; Dot:# Match; Add/Subtract; Dot Sums/# Match; +-x/Bundle!
- Learn the Decimal System / Place Value with Money
(3) Auditory, Sound Discrimination, and Processing
- Phonetic Birds - Practice distinguishing sounds: pitch, loudness, sound matching.
- Listen Hear 1-5: Phonetic Discrimination & Numbers
- Fast ForWord: proven remedial software for Auditory Processing Disorder & Reading. Free 4-month Trial for Schools: Fast ForWord, Reading Assistant, Build English Fast (ELL).
(4) Symbols - Recognition & Writing: Letters, Numbers, Shapes
- Fun with Math app: Game for > < =, comparison, skip counting
- KidsDoodle app: a fun neon backboard writing & drawing environment; records a screen movie for playback.
- My-Blackboard app by AKRIO: with sound, colored chalk. Backgrounds: blank, math, grid, music, lines, sports.
- Cool Kids Math Games app: Trace & Write Numbers
- Writing app bundle: Trace & write letters, numbers, shapes, mazes, & games.
- Math Symbols app: a game to learn common symbols for math operations
- Math Symbols & Terms app: Basic to College Levels
- Stop Letter Reversals w/ LetterReflex app
(5) Math Language Development
- Read these Math Handbooks and Use these Remedial Programs
- Math Vocabulary App bundle: Grades 1-3
- Math Slinger app: practice the vocab of math operations (sum, difference, product, quotient...)
- Math Vocabulary Cards K-5 (iPad)
- Mathletics Dictionary Illustrated, animated math terms and concepts.
- Number Prefixes: Metric, Greek, Latin, Binary (Milli to Giga)
- Illustrated Math Language Lessons by Dyscalculia.org
- MemBean Word Tree List: Ex. uni-, mono-, bi-, tri-, cent, , sub, multi, fact, poly.
(6) Counting & Addition
(7) Onscreen tools for doing math work in a digital environment
- iPad with Apple Pencil support
- OneNote with Mathematics Add-on & Ink to Shapes and Ink to Math
- Panther MathPaper
- ModMath is a free app to help people with dyslexia and dyscalculia do math onscreen using drag and drop.
- Kidspiration (K-8) & Inspiration (Grades 7+): Drag & drop math manipulatives, money, mind maps, timelines.
- NumBlox virtual rods and cube blocks for math reasoning, write on screen, drag & drop rods on graph paper.
- Search Visual Math apps for your device.
(8) Reading (Decoding) and Spelling (Encoding)
Games created to remediate Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, & Dysgraphia appear below:
- The Number Race & The Number Catcher (Numeration & Basic Operations)
- Number Sense (Dyscalculia - Dr. Brian Butterworth)
- More 4 Monkey: Develop Number Sense (based on research at Johns Hopkins University)
- KarisMath (Visual Math- basic to Algebra)
- National Library of Virtual Math Manipulatives
- Reflex Math (Math Fact Automaticity)
- Learning Upgrade / Math Upgrade (Multisensory, sequenced, online math, gr. 1-8, Algebra)
DYSGRAPHIA - PENMANSHIP TOOLS